Bacon, just the name makes my mouth water. What is better than bacon? Crooked Creek Farm pasture-raised bacon, of course. As summer is comming to an end fast, why not try this out at your final BBQ of the season or even over the up coming holidays.
- 1 pack of Crooked Creek farm bacon (use the smoked or uncured smoked)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (we like a sweeter one)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut bacon into smaller prices. Cook the bacon in your skillet, oven or microwave. Cooked it until partially cooked but not yet crisppy.
- Place chicken in a bowl; sprinkle with steak seasoning and toss to coat. Wrap a bacon piece around each chicken cube of chicken; secure with a toothpick. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (so much easier for clean up).
- Bake 10 minutes. Brush over wrapped chicken. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp.
Originally published as BBQ Chicken Bites in Taste of Home November 2015