If you are looking for something different to cook on the grill we have just the thing.
I love to grill during the summer months. I can recall my Dad at the grill just cooking away. Even as I type this I can smell the onions in butter just rendering down on the grill. I do miss those time. My Dad had since passed away. I miss my Dad and all the things we would do together so I know how important time with your family is. Mike and I do our best to have dinner all together each night. With a 19 month old running around it's never a sure thing :-) But we are making memories just the same.
So when I came across this recipe I just had to share. It's called Honey-Grilled Pork Loin. and It's ready in 1hr 15mins. Here's what you need.
1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim fat, butterfly roast by cutting lengthwise to 1/2 inch of other side.
- Place in dish or large zip-loc.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, pour over roast.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or more.
- turning occasionally.
- Remove roast, discard marinade.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and sesame oil in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place roast over medium hot coals (350-400°F).
- Brush with mixture.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°F.
- Baste frequently.
It's so yummy and easy to put together. Please share your story about you memories of the grill or your dad and if you tried this one out.
This recipe was found on http://www.food.com/recipe/honey-grilled-pork-loin-107356?ftab=reviews